In 1987 Gianni Brunelli, after creating the restaurant Osteria Le Logge in Siena, returned to Montalcino and succeeded to fulfil the dream of his family, buying the estate "Le Chiuse di Sotto", where his father Dino used to work. Until today, in his memory, a part of the vineyards planted by his father in 1947 are still in production. The estate is composed by 5 vineyards of a total of 6.5 hectares. 2 hectares are situated on the north side of Montalcino (Vigna Le Chiuse di Sotto) and 4.5 hectares on its south-eastern side, at the location Podernovone (Vigne Olmo, Oliva, Quercia and Gelso). The very different microclimates of the two areas offer different characteristics on the wines enriching their complexity. In 2015 Laura Brunelli inaugurated the new winery in Podernovone, designed to be simple and practical, with low energy and environmental impact, in order to reduce the carbon footprint to a minimum.